About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 14 October 2010

Busy Day..

Hey all, hope you have had a lovely day. I had a day off Uni, so I have used some of my time creatively and created a card, some decorations and I'm planning on entering my first WOYWW later on tonight, well, probably after this post! :)

First things first.. the card! One of my cousins is getting married this month, so I decided to make both him and the bride a card to celebrate the day. I tried to keep it low key and simple.. and small. 3.75"x3.75" to be exact. The perfect size to fit into some gorgeous new envelopes I got at WHSmith, okay it ain't Kraft, but they're pretty damn close!!


I decided to use a sponging technique, no particular reason as to why, I just had a spare sponge that I found in a drawer and decided to put it to good use. I cut out a sentiment using my slice and used that as a mask. I tried to develop a gradient with the ink, darker at the bottom of the card and increasing in lightness towards the top. I think it sorta worked.. LOL.

Heres that gorgeous little envelope.. I decided to decorate it to make the card all the more special and individual and custom..


A few little embellishments here and there. I decided to tie the Husband & Wife Flair Badge around the envelope with embroidery floss in order for my cousin and his soon to be wife to keep as a little gift.

Supplies
Solid card stock: Bazzill - Old Olive
Patterned paper: AC - I Do
Ink: SU! - Old Olive
Punch: SU! - 3 Hearts Punch
Tools: MM - Slice (Basic Elements)
Miscellaneous: White gel pen; White embroidery thread; Crystal Stickers - Pearls; Paper piercer

Envelope
Solid card stock: Bazzill - Old Olive
Patterned paper: AC - I Do
Embellishment: AC Flair - Tie The Knot
Punch: SU! - Scalloped Circle; SU! - 3 Hearts Punch
Stamp: Hero Arts - So Sweet
Ink: SU! - Old Olive; Versamark
Miscellaneous: AC - White Zing embossing powder; White embossing thread; White gel pen

That isn't the last you'll be seeing of me tonight!! :)

xo

1 comment:

  1. Card and envelope are BoTH gorgeous! Love the clean simplicity of the design, and small and square are my favourite size and shape lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews