About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 15 October 2010

Mojo 160 & PDCC 51

Evening all, hope you have had a good Friday, mine.. we'll it has been very productive to say the least! :) After I had tided my room, the bathroom and the kitchen I decided to take time out and sit down to create a card, or three. The first one I came up with was based around the sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday, this is only the second time I have ever entered this challenge.

This was the sketch..

And this is the card I came up with..


& a close up of those dinky little buttons and the gorgeous 'mottled effect' if thats what you would call it? butterflies..


This card originally started out in my mind as a Chrismas card, considering I was using Christmas patterned paper, it seemed like the right thing to do. But nothing is ever straight forward when crafting it is? :) Infact, I think I like the way it turned out better than I would of if I had made it into a Christmas card!!

Supplies
Solid card stock: Bazzill - Kraft; SU! Old Olive, Sahara Sand & Whisper White
Patterened paper: BG - Eskimo Kisses
Ink: SU! - Old Olive & Bashful Blue
Stamp: Hero Arts - Big Hugs
Buttons: BG - Eskimo Kisses
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper; MM - Slice (Fa La La ); Fiskars - Apron Lace Border
Miscellaneous: White gel pen; white emboridery thread; Ranger - Glossy Accents

Hope you like my little creation! I shall enter it into the competition and see what happens from there. Head on over to Mojo Monday now to enter into the 160th Week Challenge before Sunday (17th) night , join in the fun!

Edit: 15/07/10 22:18 - Also entering this into PDCC51. This is the colour combo for the competiton..


By designer Sarah Anderson.. Thank you to Jo who recommended I enter my card into this challenge too as the colours are pretty similar!!

I will aim to get my other projects uploaded sometime this week!!

Lou. xo

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, lovely card those butterfly are gorgeous how did you line them up so well. Thank you for your tips on photos I will give it a go. Not sure if you are interested but your colours this week are similar to the Play Date Cafe colour combo challenge, maybe you enter into that one too,.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jo Hooper. Thank you :) I managed to get the butterflies lined up using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, a funky term for a simple stamp positioner from Stampin' Up!, this way you can achieve clean straight lines when lining up and stamping you're images.

    I have entered PDCC, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card - love the butterflies and buttons

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right that nothing in crafting is ever straightfoward...lol. I love your card. The butterflies look great and I love the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, love those buttons and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card! LOVE the way you did those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear.. This card is stunning.. I really like it! And the saying is so true! Enjoy the rest of your day.. night.. It's late I gotta go to bed! Sleep well!
    Take good care, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card, love your 'mottled' butterflies :) Thanks definitely goes to Jo for pointing you in our direction here at the Play Date Cafe. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this card. Thanks for playing along, I'm off to peruse your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, your butterflies look lovely mottled like that! So glad you found us. Thanks for joining in with the fun this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews