About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 1 October 2010

Party On..

Hey all, today I decided to take a day off Uni work and go out for a meal with the boyfriend to Frankie and Benny's {Yum}, it was delicious, as always.. and sooo cheap for what you get!! :)

We also done a little retail therapy, and I bought him the new Halo: Reach xBox game, {Yawn} not a game I think I can get into. But.. he likes it, and I like to make him happy!! Plus, the more time he spends on the xBox, the more time I can spend crafting! Yay! Win-Win.

So, I decided to make a card when I got back from Newcastle. I didn't really know what it was that I wanted to make, so I just got a load of supplies on my desk and had a look and play around with everything, the only thing I knew I definately wanted to use were some Tim Holtz Journaling Tickets!! :) I also knew that I wanted to try and avoid using stamps/stamped sentiments, and at the time that seemed like a pretty difficult challenge, but once I cut some letters with my trusty little slice, the rest of the card was a breeze.

So, there is what I came up with..


Supplies
Solid card stock: SU! - Naturals Ivory; SU! - Creamy Caramel
Patterned paper: CC - The Boyfriend Mini Deck; CC - Mr. Campy
Die-cut: Tim Holtz Journaling Tickets
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper; MM - Slice (Just Chillin')
Miscellaneous: Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber  - Willow; Ranger - Glossy Accents; White Gel Pen

When I placed the die cut letters on the top of the card they looked pretty flat, but I didn't want to put them on foam adhesive as well, as that would have taken away the pop of the guitar and journalling ticket, so I decided to use some glossy accents, I'm really liking this stuff at the minute! Its so versatile and can really change mediums to make them stand out more against the background of cards.

Anyway, thats all for now, I must get ready for tomorrow, my boyfriend has rugby training, so I'm just going to sit in the car and make some notes for uni work!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews