About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Congratulations

My friend and her boyfriend, now fiancé, got engaged not too long ago, and they are planning on celebrating it by throwing an engagement party at the end of this month.

Perfect opportunity to make a CAS card.

So here it is..


I gotta admit, I took inspiration from two very talented people in order to make this card, so I'm going to give credit where credit is due, firstly the idea of the actual card came from Lindsay at Note To Self with her Damask Congratulations card.. click --> HERE <-- to see that.. Then the idea for the butterflies came from none other than Kristina Werner herself, with her faux metal embellishment she created on a card for her Holiday Card Series 2010 click --> HERE <-- to view that. Not quite the same thing - but I love the effect none the less!!

Their party is on 22nd January, so I'll have to keep the card in a safe place between then and now and hope it doesn't disappear.


I didn't take a photo of the inside as I have already wrote a personal message, although the stamp from Hero Arts - Anytime Messages reads: some moments are worth holding in your heart forever.

Thanks for stopping by. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews