About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy 2011!

I just had to had to get a post in on the 1/1/11, right? Wow, it feels good typing that! Hehe.

I have two cards to share with you today, using a digi from Fairy Dust Crafts, it was meant to be for a DT creation for Lexi, but I sort of side tracked and went off in the wrong direction completely. The cards are similar to each other in a way - both using the same image, sentiment, and paper pack from Cosmo Cricket - Earth Love collection.

These photos also give you a glimpse at my new custom watermark, which I recently bought from Whimsy Stamps, its lovely! I {love} the tree! :)

Here is the first card..



I love this image 'Brooke - Thinking of you' she is so versatile! As I will show in a few more weeks, as she can fit with a variety of sentiments!


I'm not entirely sure whether I like this paper pack as much as some of the other Cosmo Cricket ones I own, I find the colours a little difficult to use at times, but I think these two cards have turned out quite well, and flow together along with the way I have chosen to colour the images with ProMarkers.

I would like to enter the first card into these challenges:
× 2 Sisters - Challenge 20 - Thinking of You
× Frosted Designs - Fabulous Friday Challenge - 'Use a quote'

I have to mention, that while doing these cards my mojo seemed to be diminishing by the minute, and if I'm honest; I'm not 100% happy with the way these cards turned out. But hey, you like some loads, and you like others not so much I guess. I just hope that Mr. Mojo decides to return home pretty soon!!

P.S. Keep posted for the first ever installement of 'Christmas Crunch Sunday' tomorrow!! :) oOoOooo. Luckily over Christmas, while the buzz from receiving my Cuttlebug as a present was still strong, I made some Christmas cards for this series in advance. Hence why to may see my old watermark pop up a few more times!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope the effects of last nights party are affecting you to badly! Hehe. xo

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable card!!! I love the quote you used! Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, and a lovely sentiment. Great new watermark too, (very appropriate for your Environmental Management!) A lovely creation for a great cause. Thanks for joining us at the 2 Sisters special 'thinking of you' challenge and happy 2011! Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! The way you colored the image is just perfect for the papers you used.. which I really love! The second card with all the different blocks of papers is fabulous!! Thanks for taking on our quote challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews