About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 18 January 2011

L O V E

Here is a card I made for Sandra's Colour Challenge #16 over at Trimcraft - 'Pink & Brown'. Since getting my Hougie Score Board I've had an obsession with rosette flowers, so this card has two! LOL.

As you have probably guessed by looking at my resolutions - I have FAR too much patterned paper - that is why I have stopped myself buying any until I have made at least 100 cards. It has been really hard but I'm trying my best to stick to it! This is a great way to use up strips of patterned paper.


I love the colours of this paper pack, its from American Crafts - I Heart You collection, I used a slice of it for this card last week. I'm not really that big on pink but pink and brown is always a winning combo.


I used my SU! Heart to Heart punch and made some extra 3D hearts to fill in the empty space in the top right hand corner of the main portion of the card. I added some Diamond Stickles to the mountains of the rosette flowers, I wish I had used my Star Dust Stickles - as the Diamond ones have given the brown paper a yellow hue. Oh well. And of course, some lovely white grosgrain ribbon for a bow.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft, American Crafts - textured white
Patterned paper: American Crafts - I Heart You collection
Text: Tim Holtz Alterations - Vintage Market Alpha Sizzlit Die
Ribbon: White grosgrain, SU! - Linen Thread
Rub on: SU! Dots and Designs
Misc: brown fineliner, pink buttons from stash, Diamond Stickles
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Hougie Board, SU! Heart to Heart punch


Here is a close up of the sentiment - which I nearly didn't add to the card. I thought the polka dot rub on looked a bit too much without something to cover a portion. So I got out my Tim Holtz Alteration - Vintage Market Alpha die and created the word 'LOVE' from textured white American Crafts cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a good day whatever you are doing. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews