About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 9 January 2011

My First EVER Digital Card

So, if anyone has seen my previous post, you will know that I downloaded the Photoshop Elements trial to try out a digital kit I recently got a hold of for free.

I went with an old Mojo Monday sketch, just for ease to use as a jumping off point for the layout of papers and embellishments. So here is what I come up with..


Pretty sweet, huh? And the best thing? You don't have to get the lighting right to make it look good! Hehe. I love the colours of this digi kit. That faux denim is just scrummy! The linen thread bow on the button, now come on? Can you tell where I have added shadows? Like.. where stuff would be on foam dimensionals. For my first attempt.. I'm really happy with the results. I guess, what.. you would print it off and stick it on a card base right? Obviously when designing the card I chose the measurements to be 5.5"x4.25 as that is my go to card size.

Ahh well. I have just finished up assignment 2 of three, so I'm off to bed me thinks.

I promise I'll get back to you with the digi kit..

P.S I guess this qualifies for my Craft-y Resolution #5, right? Expanding my techniques?! Yeah! Still wanna try crochet flowers, although I think that is waaaaaaay off the scale for my capabilities! HA.

*Edit* Free digi kits.. here. What a kind lady she is, sharing the joy like that. Be sure to check out her Angel Policy though.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lou,
    Thanks for popping in to my post on WOYWW.
    You asked about the Chalk ink pad on my desk. I have had it for years, I got it from Crabapple Crafts in Frodsham Cheshire.

    I love your digi card:)

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun! WOW that is beautiful! well done!!! I downloaded some Nitwit stuff the other day and cant wait to play with it, but my eldest has been hogging the computer (roll on tomorrow when she goes back to school!) you excited for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG, fabulous, I've never tried digi but now I'm intrigued. Waitng for where it came from news, lol.....

    Thanks for your comments on my blog, it is a large brad that I used along with a spacer for the bit in the middle of my bow. I got both the brad and spacer from The Hobby House. Hope that helps.

    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews