About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Q: What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?

A: A lota boooring stuff!! Otherwise known as uni assignments!!

You will notice the lack of laptop.. this is due to the fact that my blog addiction has become SERIOUSLY SERIOUS. I find it very hard to drag myself away from crafters blogs for long enough to do some research on the net. Therefore I have to do the desk work first using books and journals and then focus.. and focus real hard on searching for online journals and websites to aid in my assignment referencing!! Its a nightmare, haha. Luckily it only happens in phases, some days I can be a good girl.. really.. I can! :) HA!


Some lovely geography/environment related books {love}. Sometimes they are the only things that motivate me to do assignments, some of the assignment/report titles are shockingly boring!! Where as others really interest me and I find it hard to stick to the word limit! Hehe.

Sorry for the lack of crafty related stuff today.. but I've gotta get my priorities sorted out before I get back to uni!! Yuck. A lovely lacey circle cut out of brown felt a top my Ariel boxes, I'm still waiting for a creation to arise where I can use that. I don't even know why I cut it, LOL.

To the right, my new CUTTLEBUG.. ahhh I love him. I don't know how I managed to craft without him. My rubbish bin is overflowing, need to empty that sometime soon. My looovely little Paperchase pencil case above my post-it notes.

To the very bottom left you can just catch a glimpse of the corner of my new printer - love him too. Gosh, my boyfriend has got a lot of competition!

Just got back from shopping not too long ago, Asda was still choca-block. You would think they were giving the stuff away. Had to take all the Christmas stuff down, what a chore. Putting the tree up is all fine and dandy.. taking it down is a whole different story!!

Well, the uni work calls, must be off. Thats all for now, thanks for stopping by!

xo

15 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, busy work space and congrats on getting your cuttlebug, I love mine now I just need a decent printer :)

    Suzilou #118

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about blogland distracting you from studying. I finished my Masters last year and discovered blog land 9 months before! Love by bug too.
    Linbyx #109

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, nice blog design ;-)

    I still wonder how you can get any uni stuff done when you're surrounded by crafty bits! I never needed much in the way of distraction when I was at uni.

    Glad you're enjoying your new die cutting friend. Hope you've got the Swiss Dots embossing folder - it's compulsory you know!

    Ciara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I didn;t craft when I was doing my qualifications - I am the most easily distracted person that I'd never have finished an assignment - I get distracted enough from card making LOL...

    good luck with the assignment - it'll be worth it in the long term and blogland will still be here!!!

    Thanks for hopping over to mine - much appreciated!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you've moved your laptop, but how can you study without also moving the Cuttlebug and all the other crafty goodies? You must have great will power.

    I hope you'll enjoy playing with your new crafting boys - oops I mean toys once your uni work has been done!

    Thanks for already stopping by my desk!

    Sherry (82)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, the internet is both a blessing and a curse, blogging and WOYWW, lol, even worse! Hope you get your studies completed in good time to enjoy some crafting time.

    Hugs
    Brenda 83

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou..Thanks for stopping by my blog... I am from the uk.
    My cherrie is a digi image I got it from here...
    http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=899_904&products_id=11040. hope that helps...
    I am sure i have said before but my daughter is at Northumbria uni...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lou,
    you are welcome..
    I think its 50/50 now..depends if I am impatient..They are instant gratification, but addictive be warned!
    Sometimes I order the stamps from abroad , but I hate waiting..
    I have just got some from my favourite things, and lastly from there she goes . (they have just released some more they are awesomely cute x)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The world of blogging is very addictive, I agree....lucky you studying geography, that was my subject too!!!
    Sue xx 50

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Lou - I'm the same, but I have the luxury of not having to turn the computer on if I need to be strong and not browse! Am sure positive that your sacrifices will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya, nice to meet you - very interesting desk
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty clean desk. Looks like you know where everthig is right now. CB is my favorite, Cricut not so much. I guess I find it to time consuming. I know the Cricut lovers are all agast. #95

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hugs, Marjo #23

    ReplyDelete
  14. Although it was in the nineties (I was a late starter, i.e.a very mature student) there was no blogland when I was at uni and I didn't craft then or I would have been pulling a lot more all-nighters just to get through! I don't know how you get any work done with WOYWW being so addictive. Good luck with your studies. Elizabeth #76

    ReplyDelete
  15. a new cuttlebug AND a new printer! you will surely be so productive this new year! happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews