About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Sending Some Happy Mail

Hello there, I hope your day has been good so far - two posts in two days I hear you saying!! This girl is on FYAH!! Ha. I wish.

Um.. this card I'm sharing with you today is just a tiny ickle 4"x4", following a sketch over at Sketch Saturday #143. I used some papers from Sassafras Indie Girl collection that have been sitting around in my drawe for forever. Such pretty colours and patterns I don't know why I don't use the papers more. Oh.. I know why.. CAUSE I'M A HOARDER!! Eughhh..

Here is the sketch..


And here is my interpretation of it..


I used a gorgeous MFT Pure Innocence stamp - Happy Mail, is she not just the cutest?!? Her dress matches her little bluebird friend.. awhh come on!! When colouring her dress I noticed I have some pretty big gaps in my collection of blue PM's - so I'll be ordering some more pretty soon to fill in the spaces. I think I just about managed to blend the three I chose for her dress together okay-ish. Hm.. Aside from that, I LOVE the grass - I know there is only a tiny bit showing but I think the colours I used for it are delicious - if only I could remember which ones they were!!



I was gonna make the mail box wooden - but I decided against it, thank goodness I did because I think I would have taken away from the little girl. I found some thick-ish thread in my Mams.. what would you call it.. sewing box?! Its pink, I know - yuck - I would have preferred white, but beggars can't be choosers. My machine makes some funky sound when I'm stitching with it - but it hasn't started smoking yet - which can only be a good thing. You can see it more clearly with it being thicker. I wish I knew what it was called. Its lovely.

Thats all I have for ya today, so thanks for stopping by!! I'm off to make something to eat and tidy up my desk - its a total t-i-p!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lou, you are right, she is a-dor-a-ble! What a little sweetie. Your PM blending is fab hun - I still get in a right faff with mine. Gorgeous little card and a super use of the sketch. Love it. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and an adorable image! Thank you for joining in the fun this week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Jillix

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews