About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Quilted Patchwork

I was blog hopping a few weeks ago, and I found THIS little beauty.. is that not one of the nicest cards you've seen in ages?! I think so. Anywho.. I just had to had to give it a go. So I ordered a 1 1/4" square punch from SU! to make like easier on myself and set to work..


Now, I learnt a LOT from making this card, like.. how to line up an embossing folder properly when using it twice on one sheet. Like.. how TGF images don't really take well to a vintage-y look.. or do they? I haven't quite decided. Like.. how crap I am at stitching in a straight line and I don't have enough patience with my sewing machine. Oh.. and also.. like.. how I should use embossing a LOT more on my projects.


Meet 1 of 3 Dressy Anya's. Isn't she gorgeous. I gotta say, I love her hat.. and if my blender pen had a finer point, the weaving detail on her hat would look so much better! The sentiment I used on the card is from a Sale-a-bration set from SU! called So Happy For You. Its a lovely set! :) I stamped it in Soft Suede ink. LOVE that colour.. but then again, there is not a lot from SU! that I don't love!!


Well, that was my attempt at a quilted looking card, not sure how well I've done.. but I like it.. I think. The more I look at it the more I'm getting to like it anyway. Oh, and just for reference, the papers I used are from Sasafrass Indie Girl collection, and the embossing folder is called Snow Cap, from Sizzix for Basic Grey. I added a little Old Paper DI to the raised portion of the embossing to give it a little more definition.

I would like to enter this card into Saturday Challenge - Patchwork Background

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your night. xo

4 comments:

  1. Hi, this card is amazing, and I love that you have embossed all the pieces too.

    Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week

    Hugs from Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beauty!!!!!
    The incredible embossing and patchwork is just stunning and touches me in a special and moving way. I have to give this a try and take out my sewing machine - again... Your cards are so inspiring! Thank you!
    Hugs Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining our “Patchwork Background” challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou,
    This looks fabulous. Anya looks gorgeous & your patchwork background is wonderful. Love the stitching & the embossing. It's one big bundle of WOW!! Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews