About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 3 March 2011

Thanks So Much

Hey all, thanks for stopping by today, I have a card to share with you that I made using a SU! stamp set I got the other week.. Pocket Silhouettes. I made this a few nights ago when I was on a role with my cards. I've had quite a busy day today so I forgot to post this earlier. I have been baking.. again!! LOL. It's a good job I don't have to eat everything I bake.. or I would be huuuuge!!

Anywho.. I found this sketch over at Card Patterns (Sketch 104) and I really wanted to try and do something a little different with it - and not take the 'squares' so literally.. here is the sketch..


..and here is my interpretation of it..


Not the straightest lining up.. ever.. but hey! I like it! I don't think the wonky angle of the photo does it much justice either!! LOL. This is the first time I have used Stampin' Write Markers - and I really like the versatility they give, you can colour areas of your stamp any which way you like! I have added faux stitching around one square and added a vellum square with an embossed senitment on from the same stamp set as the image! :)


Supplies
Cardstock: SU! Going Grey
Patterned paper: Crate Paper - Restoration
Stamps: SU! - Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Versamark, Memento - London Fog, Distress Ink - Old Paper
SU! Markers: Old Olive, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point
Ribbon: SU! - stitched grosgrain Soft Sky & Purely Pomegranate
Tools: SU! - 1 1/4" square punch, Fiskars - Apron Lace border punch
Misc: white gel pen, SU! - linen thread, vellum, white embossing powder, Frosted Lace Stickles

Enjoy the rest of your day! :) xo

1 comment:

  1. Such a super fun card...love all the blooms in the squares! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews