About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 24 March 2011

You're A ROCK STAR!!

Hey guys, I'm not feeling at all well today - full of cold!! My head feels like its about to explode and I'm totally achy all over. I spent about 10 minutes just standing under the shower with the water really hot to try and ease some of the pain. It felt great - until I got out! :( Urghh!! Its the last thing I need right now with the dissertation deadline drawing ever closer! I'll be heading into uni early tomorrow - if I can drag myself out of bed, so hopefully all my friends will be able to bounce some encouragement around! Anywho, enough of my sob story, onto the card!!

After going wild and buying almost the whole new release in digi form from TPS the other night, I sat down and made a card using my fave fox about town, Lil Fox (Rockin') Emilio!!

It took me most of the night to complete, as I kept sitting down, looking at it, moving pieces about, going away, and coming back to it again. Even though it took me almost four and a half hours (you would never be able to tell..) I really quite like the result.


The sentiment and star shape are both from a PTI set called Star Prints, such a versatile set and perfect for male cards! "You're a ROCK STAR". I have used three different patterned papers from SU! all in the colour Pumpkin Pie, to add a bit of interest to the bottom of the card. I have sponged the edges of these pieces with Crumb Cake ink.


I have coloured Emilio using lead pencil and Sansodor solvent. His scarf is coloured using ProMarkers. The card base is Crumb Cake from SU! (what else?!) and I have stamped music notes using the Music Notes standard wheel from SU! in Crumb Cake ink for a tone on tone effect, I have then sponged around the edge of the card with the same ink and added some faux stitching with white gel pen.


I have added some pearl swirls using my Bazzill template - perfect pearl swirls everytime! :) I added a slice of Pumpkin Pie taffeta ribbon around the points on the star to give it some added interest. The sentiment has been stamped and embossed on a die cut from the nesties Fancy Tags collection onto Really Rust cardstock from SU! This colour is now retired and I'm super sad about that! The closest to it is Cajun Craze.


I have taken a liking to decorating the insides of my cards lately - its a perfect way to use up scraps of patterned paper and adds a little something 'extra' to the whole card! Everything ends up matching and it's super fun. The next step will be to make a co-ordinating envelope, but there's plenty of time for that! I used some tiny Studio G alphabet stamps to create the phrase ROCKIN' on the scalloped oval cardstock. The stamps are round, and tiny, and SUPER hard to line up straight - but hey, it adds to the 'boyish' look when it ain't all so perfect!!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Tickled Pink Stamp Challenges - One For The Lads
× Ambers Crafts & Stuff - Use a Die cut
× Ginger Snap Creations - Copper, Ginger or Rust
× The Sisterhood of Crafters - Lets Hear it for the Boys
× Stampavie and More - For a Boy
× Cupcake Craft Challenge - Monochromatic
× Pollycraft Challenge - Swirls & Pearls
× Creative Cowgirls - Monochromatic
× Gingerloft Challenge - Die cuts/ punches
× One Stitch at a Time - Something for the Boys

I have gone post crazy this afternoon - and have a load of stuff scheduled for next week. I've also tried super hard to find loads of challenges to enter my next DT card into for PTD. Make sure to stop by on Monday to check that out - it might give you some of the inspiration you have been looking for!!

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm off the boil the kettle and make a Lemsip!! *sad face*

xo

26 comments:

  1. I love the fox image. And the kraft cardsdtock goes so well with the orange, I would have never thought of using those colors together.

    Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Fox and he is definitely in the party mood. Thank you for joining in with our annual celebrations at Gingersnaps. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    this is a very nice card.
    Thanks, for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.
    **Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this Lou. I like the details like the musical notes & stitching effect. The colours are great, not something I would have chosen but they work. Thanks for playing along at the Sisterhood of Crafters x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get Well Soon. What a great card and just right for us on OSAAT this week with our theme of one for the boys, Thanks for playing along,
    Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Wonderful details and great layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have composed this card exceptionally well...the image and the colouring are fab. Thanks for entering the Gingersnaps Creations challenge. Suzanne B

    PS. Love your resolutions at the tope of your blog. So many of them could apply to me heeheh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, this rocks! Fab and fast entry ;-) Like it very much. Thanks for showing us your card at Tickled Pink Stamps again this week.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card! Love all the different elements you used, and it is such a funny image!
    Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a great card ! Love the layout and the image too ! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card - I love the added details.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little fox rock star. And the decorations on the inside and cute as well.
    -Kwerky Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card!!Great colouring and the inside looks wonderfultoo.

    Thank you for sharing over at Make it Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! This is such a gorgeous card! Love the colouring, love the colour combination, love the embellies. Love it!!!

    Thanks for joining the challenge over at TPSC!!

    / Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... gorgeous card!

    Thank you for joining us at SAM this week!

    Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey of wow this is awesome, love your colouring and fantastic layout... simply awesome. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card! Your colouring is awesome and I love the way you're decorated the inside of the card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card, great image, and love your pearly swirls.

    Thanks for joining us this week over at Pollycraft.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous and fun card! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous!! Love the orange against the kraft and the smoky greys of the fox. thanks for joining in with us this week at TPSC
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovin' this very masculine card, love the touch of 'bling' with the pearls. wonderful card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our "Lets Hear it for the Boys" challenge!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Doing my monthly snooping on your site and I just love this one! Super delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a cool creation, i love the stamp, Foxy got some really nice moves….

    ReplyDelete
  24. CUTE card--congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card. That fox has so much attitude.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews