About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 21 May 2011

The Stamping Bazaar.. ::Marvin the Brown Bat::

Crikey, it's Saturday again *rubs eyes, checks calendar* ..yup, definitely Saturday.. and almost the end of May! Can you believe it?! Where is this year disappearing too? Anywho, I have another gorgeous creation to share with you, using an image from The Stamping Bazaar.

Every Monday over on The Stamping Bazaar Blog Emma and Susan, the DT Coordinators, give a breakdown of the inspirational posts the DT have got for you guys throughout the week. Each one using a gorgeous image designed by our very own Marina Neria for The Stamping Bazaar. I share my Saturdays with Susan, so be sure to stop by her BLOG today too and see what she has to share with you all.

Incase you haven't come across this little fella before, although I don't know how.. he's the cutest bat in blog land, his name is Marvin, and he is over the moon you stopped by today. Marvin the Bat is available here from TSB Store.


I used some of my new nesties I treated myself to a few weeks ago to make an unusual card base. These are the pinking circles and they're so fun, and very versatile - which I'm all for!! I used a slice of paper from the gorgeous MME Lime Twist Life of the Party pack to create a background for Marvin and to create some extra embellishment on this mini card in the form of two banner flags - also cut from nesties and stamped with a coordinating Waltzingmouse stamp. Don't you love it when stuff just comes together and coordinates perfectly - it makes our job so much easier!

I have coloured Marvin with PM's as usual and added some strands of bakers twine around the dips in the pinking circle on the right hand side of him - it adds a neat little embellishment. It would look awesome on a smaller circle all the way around, sort of like a retro doily, if there is such a thing?! LOL.

And finally I added some little white pearls from Papermania for something else. Such a small space to work on and Marvin takes up so much room with his massive wing span! LOL. I love him, and I hope you do too. Check out the TSB Store and see which other cuties catch your eye.

Stop by Susans blog and be sure to check out her creation this week using Louisa the Lioness! xo Lou.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lou!
    how a pretty card! love the nestabilieties and marvin is toooo cute *my fav, my fav*
    great job!

    hugs, Alberto xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, I love Marvin he really makes you smile and coloured perfectly. Love the nesties shape and banners. A very cute and nicely finished creation.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw absolutely love your card lou.
    brilliant shape and the little bat is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews