About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 12 May 2011

Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge #19 - Vintage Colours

Hey there TPS fans! So glad you could stop by today, I have one of my first ever 'shaped' cards - which isn't a circle - to share with you today.. well.. it sorta is a circle, but a fancy cirle.. you'll see what I mean in a sec. I made it for my Grans birthday which is coming up at the end of May, because I thought the whole 'Vintage' thing would go nicely.. her been an oldie and all!! Bless her. Don't grandparents just have the knack to tell amazing stories? Anywho..

That's right.. you guessed it, the challenge this week over at Tickled Pink Stamps the challenge is.. 'Vintage Colours'. If your a follower of my blog, you'll know that vintage stuff TOTALLY isn't my thing - I just can't get my head around it, although I do try!! I do love the look of it, and other crafters pull it off sooo well, but not me. So.. here is my version of vintage.. LOL.


I have used the gorgeous new Lil' Victorian Lylah from the newest release for this card - isn't she just the sweetest?! I've coloured her using lead pencil and Sansodor. I used the Big Scalloped Circles Large to create my card base {love} and my first layer. I've distressed all of the edges with Frayed Burlap DI - this may be my new fave colour, after Old Paper - of course!! The card base is Naturals Ivory from SU! - which is my fave after Kraft. The first layer of paper is like a woodgrain pattern from a Crate Paper collection which I have stamped with a Waltzingmouse doily and heat embossed with white - doilies are vintage, right? Heehee.


The pink layer is cardstock from SU! stamped with a vintage-y roller wheel in Crumb Cake, again, distressed with Frayed Burlap DI. I have fussy cut the image and adhered with foam pads to one side of the circle. The tiny flowers are punched from Prima paper using a MS punch. I then added some Liquid Pearls to the center of each. Other Prima pearls were added here and there. Lastly is that AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS Brown Pencil Stripe ribbon from The Ribbon Girl - I love these ladies, their products are.. well.. just.. AMAZING!! I wrapped it around the first later and created a bow using my Bow Easy Tool.

I hope that's vintage-y enough for ya.. here is a peak at the inside too..


I cut another circle from the same cardstock I used on the front and again distressed the edges. I added some faux stitching with a brown fineliner just for some added detail and to mimic the front. Lastly I glued some of the same ribbon to a strip of cardstock to give it stability and created a banner shape which I adhered at a wonky angle to break up the space. I will write my message in there nearer the time! :)

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× 2 Sisters - Distressing
× Bugaboo Stamps - Anything Goes
× Crazy For Challenges - Lots of Flowers
× Prairie Fairy Fridays - For the Girls

× Phindy's Place - Embossing
× Aly's Sunday Challenge - Shaped Cards
× Incy Wincy Designs - #93 Mother's Day/ Girly
× Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes

Enjoy the rest of your day whatever you're doing! :) xo Lou.


P.S I have my first exam of three tomorrow - so if you would be so kind as to keep your fingers tightly crossed that it all goes well and that it isn't like an oven inside the exam room - I would be eternally grateful! Thank you! LOL.

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! Lou this is amazing hun!!!
    Love it great work!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Lou, love this card the shape is brilliant and what a gorgeous image. That Ribbon is fab and love your amazing bow! I just can't master bows hehe xx

    Oh and good luck with the exam, I have my fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an absolute stunner of a card missus - I don't do vintage either lol, but you certainly pulled it off this time and amazing colouring
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! nice image and d/p. Thankd for sharing with us at 2 Sister's this week.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great card - love the papers and vintage look! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for The Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the image. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh I love it, what awesome die cuts and fabulous ribbon so perfect for your colors, thanks so much for joining our "For the girls" challenge at Prairie Fairy Fridays
    Debs R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT UP! OMG This is WIckeD!! WoWzERs! I am in total AWE!! Gorjuss ribbon accent and the shape is SUPA cool! I wasn't sure which way it opened til you showed the inside! This has winner written all over it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colors - pink and brown are one of my favorite combs. And I love the way you have colored the image in b/w. And that doodling around the edges is a wonderful finishing touch! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab card, love the image and colours. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Designs Challenge. Hugs Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Monthly Challenge at the Latte Lounge is "Cards for Mom and Other Special Women in Our Lives". We would LOVE for you to join us and enter your card in our challenge! We're having a drawing at the end of the month for all KINDS of great prizes!!
    HERE IS THE LINK
    If you're not already a member, we'd LOVE for you to join us!!
    {{cheers}}
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow OMGosh absolutely stunning card!! Love the shape, the image, distressing and the gorgeous bow, everything is amazing! Just had to follow you! Love your work!

    Thanks so much for joining us over at "Fairy Fun Fridays" and good luck!

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey -PFD/DT xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews