About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Tickled Pink Stamps Christmas Challenge #4 - Something HANDMADE

Hey TPS fans! Time for our FOURTH Christmas Challenge of the year!! We'll soon have a collection of Christmas-y related projects made up in time for December at this rate!! Less stress when the time comes though, right?!

This month we want to see 'SOMETHING HANDMADE' on your project, this can be anything you can think of, aslong as your fare hands made them! :) Flowers, templates, swirls. If you're a follower of my blog you will know I have been on a journey of mold making discovery. I have been wanting to try my hand at making my own resin and clay flowers and little embellishments, mainly as something to decorate my cards with, but also to sell if I start craft fares in the summer.

Anywho, here is what I came up with. I cut my own tag base from SU! Crumb Cake cardstock and stamped it using a Music Note Standard Wheel from SU! in SU! Crumb Cake ink and added some patterned paper from BG's Jovial collection which I distressed using my Tonic Paper Distresser.


This TPS image is no where near Christmassy, infact, she is Lil' Birthday Kellita available from the TPS Store, but with her present and the right colours she could be giving a little Christmas gift to a special someone. I have cut her out using a nesties oval die and added some Diamond Stickles around the embossed part. The cute little ticket, which is perrrfect for a tag is from a Whimsy Stamps set and die.


Here is a close up of the (close to) gorgeous CLAY 'flowers' 'doileys' call them what you will that I made using a few molds I bought off eBay. They were originally created for sugarcraft, but the woman assured me they were oven safe. I've used Transparent Fimo clay and added my own alcohol inks to create unique colours. The top embellishment was made using Willow alcohol ink from Rangers Adirondack range, and the bottom was made using the colour Pebble. I really like this one, it is sort of a very dark Kraft colours. I've tried all sorts of ink to try and get a Kraft colour, even Old Paper DI re-inker (which for those of you interested turned GREEN, of all colours). I think this Pebble is about as close as my budget is going to allow me to get. There is only so much experimenting I can do! LOL. Perhaps in the next batch I make I will add less drops, so hopefully it will be a lighter colour. We'll see.

I think that just about covers it for today!! Be sure to stop by the TPS challenge blog and enter your Christmas creation this month - I can't wait to see what handmade items you all come up with.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× The Spotlight Challenge - Try Something NEW Challenge - I'm hoping my clay embellishments make the mark with this one? *sweet smile*
× Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas - Use some Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by, xo Lou Mac.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous crafting - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 22 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely image and the colours are so pretty. Love the clay flowers - such an unusual touch.

    Thanks for challenging yourself and entering the Spotlight Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is gorgeous! I love how you colored this image and the beautiful details!


    I am looking forward to working with you on the Sentimental Sundays DT.

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, yay i can see a coment box, fingers crossed it works ;0)

    Gorgeous creation sweetie, love your colour choice too hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this great tag Lou, love the colours and image, hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic tag lou.i love the image and strong colours and your clay flowers look fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute creation! I love the embellishments! Thank you for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin' and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Gergia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou, I adore this! The clay flowers you made are wonderful! What a great idea! Love the ring of glitter around your die cut image too! Festive touch! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews