About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 10 June 2011

Clay Creations

Hey guys, I'm sorry I have no photos of stuff to share with you today, but my battery is d-e-a-d!!

I can promise you I have been super busy, okay.. well not like.. rushed off my feet, but sufficiently entertained with making more clay embellishments for my cards. You'll be pleased to know - although not as pleased as me.. that I have NAILED a Kraft colour in clay.. now I've just got the crack the resin. Although that seems to be a lost cause. All browns/greens/neutral colours I use with the resin turn a mucky yellow colour.. so I'm going to try with some pinks and blues next time and see how they turn out.

I'm afraid to say I just have NOT been in the colouring mood. Something just isn't clicking when I sit down to colour lately. I finished up the colouring for my Sentimental Sundays card just earlier today, then I went to colour up some SOG images, and I just wasn't feeling it. So I gave up for the day and played with my clay again instead.

Some of the jewellery on pages I follow over on FB have really been catching my eye lately - I don't know whether I should try some stuff out. Maybe in a few months. I don't know. I do know one thing for sure though - I'll be buying a few more molds and packs of clay soon! It has turned into another addiction/ hobby aside from my papercrafting. I won't lie - I love it!! Perhaps jewellery making is something I could get into if I do enough research about it. I would probably just stick to 'simple' things like earrings first.

Anywho, I best be off. To explore eBay. For more molds. Yes. I know. Sue me.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps it is just a case of that you need a rest from colouring. Creativity is not predictable & sometimes it can really surprize us & we take off in a direction we never thought possible; I'm having a few "aha" moments too & I can really relate to some things not gelling......
    It's exciting & disconcerting all in the same moment.
    Take care.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews