About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 6 June 2011

Pear Tree Designs #52 - Summer Delights

Hey friends, how has your weekend been?! The weather up north was miserable, it has been windy and raining almost all weekend, I even had to put the heating on on Sunday afternoon as two pairs of socks and my slippers would just not keep my toes warm!!

Apparently.. summer is coming.. so this weeks challenge over at Pear Tree Designs is..

SUMMER DELIGHTS

We want to see things on cards and projects that remind you of summer, bright and bold colours, beach scenes, ice creams and bikinis.. you get the idea.
We have two sponsors this week Sweet & Sassy Stamps and Crafty Sentiments Designs. The lucky winner will recieve a choice of 4 DIGI IMAGES from both of our sponsors!! How generous is that?!


 
For my card I have used a gorgeous digi from Crafty Sentiments - Charles Just Relax. Isn't he cuuute?! I have coloured him using ProMarkers and added some Diamond Stickles to some of the bubbles and water splashes. The patterned paper I used is from Cosmo Cricket Salt Air collection. Bubbles and scales, perfect for summer, right?


When we had our bathroom renovated.. if that's what you call it?! My mam decided to get the bath ripped out and a proper power shower - which was about the size of the bath, in it's place. Don't get me wrong, I love having a shower, it's really quick, convenient and refreshing.. but sometimes I would just like to sit in a hot bubble bath after a long day and soak it all up. I think that is why I fell in love with this image as soon as I seen it. Look at the fluffy towels in the corner waiting.. just perfect. I was going to make the bubbles pink, but considering Charles is male, and pink didn't really go with the colour scheme, I opted for blue instead!


The clay embelishments in the corners are handmade by me, myself, and I've added a couple of WOC flowers into the mix - 'cause I gotta stop hording them! I have distressed the edges of the picture with some Old Paper DI. I've gone over all of the other edges of my paper with the same DI - but you can't tell too much on the pictures.


My sentiment reads.. "Kick back & relax.. it's SUMMER time! I've created the sentiment using a mixture of Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers and an October Afternoon stamp with some SU! Crushed Curry ink (perfect colour match with this paper). I've created a bow with some cream seam binding with my Bow Easy and attached a gem to the knot.


I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Corrosive Challenge - Summer Colours
× Crafty Hos' Challenge Blog - Let the Summer Fun begin
× Prairie Fairy Fridays - Summer Fun

Enjoy your day - I hope the weather is better where you are! All of this rain is a good excuse to stop home and craft! xo

4 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! We both left comments on the new TPS PINKETTE release literally within 30 sec of each other! LOL

    What a cute image and love what you have done with the sentiment both inside and out! Wicked buttons and bow! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, this is a lil' cutie. He certainly looks cosy in the tub. Love the fab design and embellies, especially the ones you've created. Gorgeous.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card lou.the image is so sweet and i love your stunning clay embellies and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet image and your layout is great. Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews