About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

My Favourite Things #July

You all know Kellie Waffle Winnell, right? Check out her blog HERE. She is the owner of Tickled Pink Stamps  and runs the awesome Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges which I am a proud DT member of for the next 6 months! Well over at her blog she has a run down of her fave things over a couple of months at a time - see her recent ones HERE.

Aside from this being a good read, I thought it would be a brilliant idea for meto do. I think it would make me appriciate the things I already have, instead of 'needing' to buy all of the lastest things you see out there in blogland.

Hopefully if I schedule one of these posts for the end of each month I can keep adding to it so it will be ready to post on the day with the stuff I have favourited (sp? - infact, that aint even a real word!) over the month.

JULY FAVOURITES

*Labels Fourteen Nestablities*

Whether I use them for a backdrop behind my image or as the main focal point on my card I just love the unusual shape of them. The largest shape is perfect for 4.4/4.5" high images so things like Some Odd Girl digis and the standing Pinkettes fit perfectly and are a lovely size to colour. The inward curves down the sides are just right to fit some WOC goodies, such as 10mm and 15mm roses. Which leads me onto one of my other faves.

Which leads me onto one of my other faves.

*Wild Orchid Craft Supplies*

I am quite literally in LOVE with the flowers they supply. I am a relative newbie to the whole deal, but I have learnt a lot. Enough to know that these will be firm favourites of mine for a long time to come. I started out with a few bags of cherry blossoms and 15mm roses in various colours back in March.. and now I am hooked. I have like 6 boxes FULL all seperated into colour family. You know what I'm like.. I mainly use the smaller sizes, such as 8mm, 10mm, 15mm roses, cherry blossoms and aster daisies, but I'm going to challenge myself to use the bigger 20mm and 25mm ones. I try to list ones I've used in specific projects in my supplies at the end of each post - loads of people have found this helpful so I'll keep trying to do the same in the future.


I'll try and update the post with a picture of my boxes. :)

Talking of colour coordinating stuff (you see how everything is linking up here, HA! I've planned this well, yes?)

*SU! & PTI Cardstock*

I recently sorted out all of my SU! and PTI cardstock into ringbinders. A seperate wallet for the full a4 slices and a one behind for the scraps. Nothing can ever go to waste - the cardstock from these two companies is just too delicious! I love being able to coordinate stuff with the patterned papers I'm using at the time. Finding products that match is one of the fun things for me about piecing a project together.

*The Ribbon Girl*


My most fave online shop for ribbon and charms. EVA. I don't shop anywhere else for the stuff. The service and quality of the products is second to none. Mary and Andrea are just lovely, I cannot praise them and their shop enough! I'll update this to add my two drawers full of ribbon from TRG and some odd lengths of some SU!

Finally for this month..

*Coffee*

I have been a little bit ill towards the end of this month, so this little beauty has helped me get through the days without 10+ nana naps every hour! HA! I hope it clears up soon - it just zapps me of all energy, but I haven't let that stop me crafting! *big grin*

That's all I got for ya today, be sure to stop by on Thursday for the new Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge! ;)


4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Lou! Thanks for sharing!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Lou, coffee n stash. Perfect. Love all your faves hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for sharing Lou - so interesting to know what others like!!

    Re that snowflake border punch, it's Martha Stewart one - you can see it here...

    http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/Christmas_Punches.html

    ttfn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome read hun!
    Hugs, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews