About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 26 August 2011

Old News

Back to work today after a lovely day off yesterday. My and the boyfriend went to Druridge Bay Country Park for our dinner, and we sat on a wooden bench at the top of a hill overlooking the lake. Bliss. :)

So the whole point of todays post..

Some of you may remember I blogged about new colour combos using my ProMarkers in THIS post. Well a while ago now, I bought some Spectrum Noirs from Pops to try out. I only got the pink set - so six sets in total. I wanted to see for myself what all of the hoohar was about. Let me tell you.. hoohar is exactly what it is.


The image on the left has been coloured using two different 'combos'. The largest section of her hair has been coloured using 15, 86 and 8 and the left hand side has been coloured using 86, 88 and 8. Wasn't feeling either of them. So the image in the middle is another attempt using the combo: 88, 137 and 147, which I like a little better.

So the whole 'set's Crafter's Companion have put together totally don't work for me. Obviously I need to try out a few more combos first before I fully decide. I have used Neenah cardstock which is what they recommend, but the Noirs are so juicy that they soak they cardstock almost instantly.

Compared to the image on the right, which has been coloured using ProMarkers I don't think the Noirs even come close.

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lou, you are going to be the sole reason all my images start coming out with some really bright and non traditional hair colouring! lol, love these posts from you. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou,
    I pretty much agree with you - although I absolutely love the "geranium" in the pink set as a colour, the spectrum noirs are not my cup of tea - I found they saturated the card way too quickly too, and as you well know once the card is saturated completely the ink has nowhere to go but outside the lines
    It'll be interesting to see how you get on with them though
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews