About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 18 August 2011

PaperPlay Challenges - "Recipe"

Surprise, surprise. I had this post scheduled for 9:00am but Blogger just magically turned it back into a draft. Good job I checked - hey?

Good Morning PaperPlayers! :)

Did ya notice the new logo in my sidebar? ;) Be sure to stop by next Wednesday - you won't wanna miss this release, let me tell ya! I am SUPER excited about the whole thing!!

It was my day off work yesterday - and I managed to get a load of stuff done. I wish I could have just stopped in bed all day - but things never work like that!! Back to work again today - so hopefully my post will go live when it should!

Sorry my blog has been so quiet lately - I feel so drained all of the time and it seems like my mojo has disappeared again. It best make it's way home soon though - I have a lot of commissions and DT work to catch up on.

Another fortnight down, time for another challenge for the A-Team over at PaperPlay Challenges!! :)

This week we have a recipe challenge for ya! We wanna see..

THREE DIFFERENT EMBELLISHMENTS
2 PATTERNED PAPERS
1 PIECE OF LACE

Fun, right! :) Our sponsor this week is Just Some Lines.

Since my bookmarks were a sell-out at the fayre on Friday - I decided I best get some more made. So here you have it..


Another addicting corner bookmark - funny, everytime I sit down to make one of these I always want to make more. Perhaps I should force myself to make another one and then my mojo might sprout all over!! :)

I've used some of the gorgeous Bo Bunny - Gabrielle patterned paper (#1). I have stamped a very popular (with the public) sentiment from Paper Makeup Stamps in Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink and die cut it using a Labels Sixteen nestie. I have added my custom doodles and some Stickles around the outside edge. #1 embellishment. I added a strip of yummy lace from The Ribbon Girl below my strip of patterned paper #2 and cut the ends slightly longer than the bookmark. I sorta love the 'rustic' shabby chic look it gives. As for embellishment #2 I added the must have WOC flower - a sweetheart blossom and a semi open rose and embellishment #3 some Kaisercraft rhinestones and pearls. :)

I would like to enter this bookmark into these challenges:
×
×
×
(I'll try and find some challenges when I return from workies)

I hope you can join us in this fun challenge over at PaperPlay this week!! Hop on over now to see what the other awesome ladies on the A Team have created to inspire you!!

I also hope to get a lot more of these little boomarks made for both a Halloween Fayre and a Christmas Fayre coming up in the next few months (obviously) - so if you see a lot of my blog and get a little sick.. please, just tell me! Apart from that.. exciting times in my life on the craft front!


2 comments:

  1. fantastic bookmark lou.gorgeous colours and texture and the sentiment is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou-Mac - your card is inspiring. i love the sentiment and the glitter around it gives it that extra something!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews