About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 8 August 2011

Pollycraft Challenge #105 - *//Recycle\\*

A new Monday.. a new CHALLENGE!! The second week of August 2011 ALREADY?! The theme over at Pollycraft this week has been chosen by the lovely Emma..

RECYCLE

Now, don't quiver.. it really is super simple and fun if you think outside the box a little. It could be a reused box.. buttons from an old top.. can ringpulls, bottle tops, corrugated cardboard. Just thought I'd give you a few ideas. It could even be something you had made for another card but ended up not using. Waste not, want not and all that.

The lucky winner will receive..

A £10 voucher to spend over at My Mum's Craft Shop



Onto my project..


Let's see what I can do with this cheese box and a strip of corrugated cardboard shall we..


I have used Chester in Love - he has been coloured with ProMarkers and fussy cut out. I have teamed him up with some MME Stella and Rose Hattie papers alongside some Whimsy Postage Stamp sentiments and some natural ric rac ribbon.

I have created the three penants using some nesties and embellished them with some turquoise bakers twine from The Ribbon Girl.


Here is a close up of the cutie. I have coloured him using my fave combo of Walnut, Henna and Cocoa. The heart he is carrying has been placed on dimensionals.


Here is a side shot showing the corrugated cardboard I have used around the rim of the cheese box. I have used various flowers and handmade clay embellishments to fill in the gap. I have also tied turquoise bakers twine around the whole lid to tie it into the design ontop.


This photo shows the inside of the box. I have painted the whole box with brown acrylic paint and added patterned paper from the same MME collection in the base and lid.

This would make a perfect little keepsake box, and it is relatively sturdy. I think I am going to take this to the craft fayre on Saturday and see what the public think.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Fun with Shapes - Twine
× Crafty Purple Frog - Anything but a Card
× Moving along with the Times - Don't be a Square
× 7 Kids College Fund - Anything but a Card
 
Don't forget to head on over to the Pollycraft Challenge Blog to see the inspiration the other awesome ladies have got for ya - trust me.. you won't wanna miss this!!
 
Supplies:
Cardstock: Papecuts - Blue; SU! - Naturals Ivory
Patterned Paper: MME Stella and Rose - Hattie
Stamps/Digi: Pollycraft Digi - Chester in Love; Whimsy Stamps - Everyday Postage Stamp Sentiments
Ink: DI - Frayed Burlap
Dies: Nesties - Nested Pennants; Whimsy Stamps - Mini Postage Die
Tools: MS - Circle Cutter
Embellishments: WOC - ivory cherry blossom, ivory sweetheart blossomnavy blue aster daisies, 2tone light turquoise semi open roses; The Ribbon Girl - Turquoise bakers twine; natural ric rac from stash
Colour: ProMarkers: Fur Walnut, Henna, Cocoa Ears Sandstone, Tan T-shirt Cool Aqua, Duck Egg Heart Red, Poppy, Crimson
Misc: brown fineliner; handmade clay doodads
 
Take it easy! :)
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Oh too clever. Love the stamp sentiments and all your embellies are a fantastic finish to your 'cheese box'.

    Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hunny, this is cheesietastic! Superb work, and that funny monkey too. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous Lou! Would it work the same with a cheese triangle box lol??! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Lou! You did such a professional job honey! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou as always truly beautiful, love how you have used the embellies on this too. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous box Lou! Chester looks gorgeous and I love the cardboard wrapped around the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Lou! The box looks fab and Chester is so cute! I love that you have decorated the inside as well!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Lou!! You have transformed this cheese box and created something useful and beautiful at the same time! Thanks for joining in with our "Don't Be Square" challenge at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great box Lou - have you been over to Tiets blog for the Ribbon Girl prize winner - looks like it's you! Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you are just too clever. I love it. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is fantastic lou.you would never know it started life as a cheesebox :D
    love the fab colours and its that gorgeous cheeky monkey again, he is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! YOu would never recognize that cheese box!
    Love all the gorgeous details - perfect

    Thaks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A brilliant box with a very cute monkey Lou.
    Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Fun with Shapes and more.
    Hugs Swantje x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    Fabulous creation, love your image and design.

    Hugs Gry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lou this is totally fabulous i love it!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Lou, a really fab make hun. Love Chester and all the gorgeous details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a fantastic creation. Love the use of the corrugated cardboard. It gives it a fab vintage look. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable project! Sorry to be eligible for 7KCF Challenge prize you need to use an image carried by 7KCF.
    Please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cracking make, love the papers to bits and your idea works so well

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews