About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Think PINK..

..Is what the lady told me at the fayre when she asked me to make a bookmark for her grand daughter. If you know me - you will know that I'm not a huge fan of pink, but I don't mind working with it in little quantities.

Good job she only wanted a bookmark. Heehee.

I used the ever so cute Bookish Tia from Some Odd Girl, because I just love her and her bag! I gotta colour it in rainbow style every time!! <3


I coloured her in using only PM's (no Copics here! :)) and fussy cut her out. I tried to colour her to match the little strips of paper I used from MME Life of the Party collection. The bookmark is made from Pretty in Pink cardstock from SU! and I have used the ribbon to match. Looking at the photo now, do you know what I forgot?! The white detailing on her eyes!! Bummer!

I stamped the sentiment 'READ' using alpha stamps from Studio G and used the worlds smallest circle punch to punch them out.

I added my doodling - but no distressing this time round, along with some gems from Prima and Candy Cane Stickles.

I hope it's pink enough for her! I really enjoyed making it :)

***********************************************************

I have had so many commissions lately and I feel on top of the world with it all!! People think my work is good enough to give to other people! :) It didn't help matters that nearly everything got put on hold over the weekend until my printer ink arrived. But us crafters do what we can, right? It was a good excercise for me and my rubber! Although sentiments were limited - we got there in the end!

***********************************************************

I'm still attempting to make a start on my first ever set of wedding stationary - I just want to get it all straight in my head first before I start and go wasting a whole load of cardstock and what have you! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please throw them my way! :)

***********************************************************

Ohhhh, and before I forget!!

DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY TOMORROW 08:00AM - POLLYCRAFT BLOG HOP WITH NEW RELEASE.

You WON'T wanna miss this!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, love this very pretty bookmark. Gorgeous image, so beautifully coloured and I love the doodling hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a look at your other image of her - that you coloured her hair with Copics on. I must say I prefer the subtler tones of the hair on this one.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning bookmark lou.love the gorgeous image and really pretty colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews