About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 1 September 2011

PaperPlay Challenges

Good morning PaperPlayers! ;) Hopefully this post will go live when it should and I'll still be sound asleep having a much needed lie in!

Another Thursday, another PaperPlay Challenge with inspiration from Team A this week! ;)

MAKE YOUR OWN FLOWERS

So.. I won't lie.. I kinda chickened out with this one and created a 'layered' flower. *cough* Well, that's what I'm gonna call it and I'm sticking with it. I did attempt to make some rolled flowers, you know the ones I was getting asked for tutorials for left, right and centre a few months back? Thing is.. I've lost the knack. Totally. I tried about 5 times and none of those attempts were happening. Typical.

I've created a card and 'matching' bookmark to show you. I made these for my next door neighbours birthday, which was actually yesterday. :) She's always pottering around in the garden, and loves her flowers so I thought this image from LOTV would be perfecto.


I apologise for the dark photos - Autumn is definitely upon us, which I'm loving.. although the light is poop for taking decent photos. Hmm. I best work something out, huh?

I created a little matching bookmark with the same image, the recipient likes to read a lot so I thought it would be the perfect gift for her.


Here is a shot of the card. I've used some delicious papers from Prima and used some cardstock from Papercuts for my cardbase. I stamped the image in Pretty in Pink ink from SU! and left it uncoloured for a more subtle look. A lot of WOC flowers, liquid pearls, distressing and doodling. Oh, and a little tag from PTI.


The bookmark. Isn't she sweet? :)

I would like to enter this project into these challenges:
× Bearly Mine - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
× Karen's Doodles - Gift Set
× My Time To Craft - In Full Bloom
× Ribbon Carousel - All Tied Up
 
Head on over to PaperPlay Challenges now and see what the rest of the team have put together to inspire ya this week. The lucky winner will receive a $15 voucher for Simon Says Stamp! Good luck.
 

9 comments:

  1. Love what you created Lou - love how you stamped the image in pink - such a neat idea.

    Off to check out what you posted while I was on holidays. Hope you are having a good week. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are stunning lou.love how you have stamped the image in the pink ink, looks really effective and gorgeous papers and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamp, it matches the papers very well. Great bookmark and sweet card.

    Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at these gorgeous colors! Love your use of the designer papers. Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles NL.
    groetjes Tinie KD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat a wonderfull giftset you've made! Love the colors you've used!
    Hugs Petra KD NL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card!! I love this image! Thank you so much for playing along with the MTTC Challenge blog!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this gift is so cute. Your bookmark are always getting fancier and fancier. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH! I love the image and how you didn't color it but used pink ink! FAB idea:) LOVE yoru papers and the pearls! FAB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks smashing. Really lovely image. Cool that you have left it uncolored. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time. Please join us again next time for another fun challenge!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews