About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 22 September 2011

Tickled Pink Stamp Challenges #38 - Pick Your Combo

Hey guys, this is my second post for the day. Thursdays are always busy on this lil' ole' blog o' mine! HAHA. If you're on the look out for some SOG goodness see HERE.

Time for another challenge over at TPS this week. Excited much? I am.. know why? Because I have some TIP TOP inspiration for ya! ;)

This week we've got a different challenge for ya. We want you to..

PICK A COMBO
Buttons and Twine OR Lace and Pattern Papers OR Chipboard and Distressing

I'll give you three guesses at which one I went with?! Well of course.. BUTTONS AND TWINE!!

I wanted to use the very unloved (by me *slaps own hands*) Lil' Little Kellita and so went off on a hunt for an inspiring card.. I only came across THE most PERFECT inspiration EVER in the form of one of Amy Young's cards.


Hello?! Not the freakin' SWEETEST thing EVER? Check out all the details for this beauty HERE.

So using this gorgeous image and that beautiful card for inspiration.. PLUS the challenge criteria this week I come up with this..


I have used papers from First Edition - Hideaway collection. This card has such a spring feel to it and the added touches of glitter on some of the papers are perfecto.

I fussy cut Kellita after colouring her with PMs and Copics and adhered her atop of a die cut circle which I stamped with a branch stamp and a sentiment stamp. Just like Amy! :)

I have added an apron lace scalloped strip near the bottom and wrapped some lime green bakers twine from The Ribbon Girl around it. I then found some green buttons to "match" the colours and tied more twine through them - completing my combo.


Here is a close up of the centrepiece of the card. I used a little strip of green paper from the same collection to create a 'hill' for Kellita to sit on. I then sponged a sky background before stamping and colouring my branch.

I have doodled and distressed all edges, as usual. This really helps to tie together a card like this when the patterned papers are so different and so heavy, pattern wise. Says me! HA!


Here is a shot of the inside of the card - made the resemble the front with the circular piece and the stamped branch. I also added some butterflies using my MS punch.
I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Belli Challenge - String
× Digi Stamp 4 Joy - Anything Goes

Head on over to the Challenge Blog now to see what the other ladies have got for ya using the combo they chose!

7 comments:

  1. It is cute so much! The yellow paper is so bright and looks fantastic here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are freakin' kidding me right?!?!? HOLY moses this is a stunner. I love the way it came together ! Well done! Great colors and the inside is ahhh......my fave as usual! You did an aH-MAH-SinG job of casing AMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou, this is an amazing CASE of Amy's card! Love your papers and the paper pieced hill & sponged sky are fabulous! And your doodling! I never think to do that! It's a fantastic detail! Awesome card! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty hun! I love the bright colours. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is fabulous lou.i am loving the bright zesty colours and the image perched on the sentiment is stunning.love this hun :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant gorgeous design. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, lou, this is simply stunning your detail is just fantastic,love it,hugs from Marina
    Please take a look on my Blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews