About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 17 October 2011

Girls, Girls, GIRLS!

Hey guys. I don't know why, but it feels so weird posting on here, it feels like ages and it's only been two days. Crazy. I've been feeling like poop the past few days with this stoopid cold, I've got no mojo, no get up and go, no nothing. But on Saturday night I gave my head a good wobble and sat down and coloured. Admittidly a LOT of images went into the bin, but Sonny was one of the images that passed as acceptable. Luckily. Just in time for the new challenge over a Pollycraft..

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS!!

Here is the card I made using Sonny Honeycloud - My Way available HERE in digi from the Pollycraft Shop.


Not the first sorta design you'd usually think of for a girl card. I thought I'd go with yellow as my main colour as opposed to pink. I treated myself to some new copics recently (thinking they would reignite my mojo.. how wrong was I?!) and wanted to try a yellow combo. I used Y11, Y13 and Y21 - there is so much more depth in real life, I promise - these photos just don't do it justice.

I used some gorgeous papers and elements from an American Crafts kit I won in a raffle over a Sarahs Cards LTD alongside my monthly kit. SUPER excited about this kit - it's totally summery and a total contast to the Christmas stuff I seem to be swimming in lately! :) Brace youtself for a lot more of this! LOL.


The little orange tag, which is part of the kit ;) pulls out from behind the main layout, I've left it blank for personalisation later on.

You see the little strip along the top on the inside of the card? That's part of a perforated strip along the bottom of one of the sheets of patterned paper. GENIUS?! You know us crafters hate waste and this TOTALLY minimises it! ;)

Soo.. head on over to the CHALLENGE BLOG now to see what the rest of the awesome ladies have made to inspire ya - Lil' Kitty is a BIG feature, let me tell ya.

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× The Squirrel and The Fox - One for The Girls
× By the Cute and Girly - Anything Goes
× Creatalicious Challenges - Distress Your Edges
 
Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Papers: American Crafts - Hello Sunshine
Digi/Stamps: Pollycraft Digi - Sonny Honeycloud My Way; Hero Arts - Anytime Messages
Colour: Copics - Skin: YR000, YR00, E11, R30; Hair: E35, E37, E39, E49; Yellows: Y11, Y13, Y21
ProMarkers - Oranges: Pumpkin, Honeycomb Pinks: Baby Pink, Cocktail Pink Shoes: Cocoa, Henna, Walnut 
Ink: DI - Frayed Burlap
Tools: Seeing Spots EF; Fiskars - scallop edge punch; WRMK - Crop-a-dile
Dies: Nesties - Classic Ovals LG
Embellishments: The Ribbon Girl - Blue seam binding, Lime Green bakers twine; Papermania - Blue pearl brads; American Crafts - Fabric Brads, Decorative Tags
Misc: brown fineliner
 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card hun, bold and bright. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww Lou, this is fab honey and I love the yellow colour combo too! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Womderful Lou! Just love the eclectic look of the DPs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeously girlie Lou! I love the yellow! Fab layout too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card lou.i love your bright colours and design and the image is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Lou and I love the pretty yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's yellow! I love yellow. Perfecto in every way. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews