About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 1 October 2011

It's World Card Making Day!!

You guessed it. It's World Card Making Day!! World Card Making Day began in 2006 as National Card Making Day. Founded by Paper Crafts magazine to bring card makers together at the beginning of the busiest card-making season of the year, it was first held on October 7, 2006.

Coupled with this there is a NEW RELEASE over at La La Land Crafts. Why are YOU telling us this, Lou.. I hear you ask? WHY?! Because I'm only a GUEST DESIGNER for the next two months! ;) Heehee. You read right!!

HA. So head on over to the STORE and the CHALLENGE BLOG now to see the whole of the new release and the awesome projects the team have created with them!!

I chose to use BIG PANDA MARCI because she is just too cute to say no too!! :) I've coloured her using Copics and ProMarkers.


Skin: YR000, YR00, E11, R30
Hair: E33, E35, E37
Shoes: Cocoa, Henna, Walnut
Shorts: Cornflower, China Blue, Midnight Blue
Pinks: Cocktail Pink, Salmon Pink, Carmine
Greens: Lime Green, Bright Green, Grass

Greys: Cool Grey 3, 4, 5

This is my first ever attempt at colouring a LLLC image and what a BLAST I had. What fun and adorable images they are to colour!! I've been working at my 'jeans' colouring - can ya tell?! Please say you can because I've literally gone through ALL of my blue PM's to work out a combo. The three I've chosen give a sort of textured look. Please say they do!! :) LOL.

I've used papers from MME Lime Twist - Life of the Party collection. I've added the mandatory doodles and some kraft matting. The little tag is cut using a die from PTI and stamped with a PTI stamp in Melon Mambo ink from SU!

Marci is available to pre-order HERE with shipping on 15th October... so go and get your. I can't wait to see what you guys make with these newbies, and when you do make sure you add your cards to the customer gallery HERE.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, hope you are well hun. Love this amazing card. Verrry cute image and scrummy details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card lou.love the image.she is gorgeous and fabulous colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews