About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby..

Ahhh.. Ahhh.. Ahhh. Ah. You know the song by the Kaiserchiefs, right? :) HA. You'll understand what I'm talking about further on in the post. :) Trust me.

So just over two weeks ago now I received an email from a lovely lady requesting a card for her little niece. Well of course, how could I say no?! That is my speciality, after all! LMBO!

So the things I had to go by were.. a little girl with blonde hair and big blue eyes. She likes cats. The lady who emailed me wanted my card to look vintage-y, with '1st Birthday' and her name. Ohhhh, and PINK!! Any closer to the RUBY yet? ;)

So I wracked my brains for a suitable image.. and voila.. Kristy only had THE perfect SOG image just calling my name in the shop.. Snuggle Tiny Tia!! Hello?!

So.. here's what I come up with using the info I had! ;)


Isn't she the CUTEST?! How I've let her slip through the net I'll never know. But now she's in my possession I couldn't be happier. Of course I had the colour her hair blonde, but she's so caught up in the moment cuddling her kitty that she has her eyes shut. So I couldn't colour them blue. I've coloured her hair and skin using Copics and the rest using ProMarkers to match the patterned papers and die cuts from MME Oh La La for Her collection. I have fussy cut Tia and adhered her to the card using dimensionals.


Here is a picture of the sentiment area of the card. I have pieced it together using mini alpha stickers, stamps and a die cut '1'. I kinda struggle putting bits and pieces like this together, although I'm really happy with how this turned out - I just wish I'd made more fuss of the '1' to make it stand out more. Ahhh, next time. 


Here is a shot of the inside of the card with another labels fourteen die cut to match the front. I have used a few more ticket dies and a sentiment from LOTV a5 sentiments set. Customary doodles and distressing finish the design off nicely.

I know my customer and her mother loved the card, I just hope the little girl did too! :) I love being able to put a smile on peoples faces with my makes - it's what makes it all worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lou, love what you have created - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, this is so adorable and I'm sure that little girl loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww this is so gorgeous.she ois such a cutie and i love your pretty colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews