About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Baby Brennan

So this weekend it was four years for me and Mr. T. I need a medal. I know. We went to the pictures and for a meal, just the usual night out really but it was better than sitting in the house. On Sunday we went down the coast to watch the firework display. I've got a few photos to show you later on, but they get a bit same-y after a while. KWIM?

First things, first. I've got a.. baby.. card to share with you all. Part of a commission I got early last week. :) The lady wanted the details of the baby on the front, so I tried to make that centre stage on the card.


I made this a landscape card, just because I fancied it. I used a mix of cardstock from Stampin' Up! and Papertrey Ink. The stamps are from a SU! set stamped in Bashful Blue and Sage Shadow. I popped one of the little babygrows up on dimensionals to give some added interest and added a strip of blue (scrap from my desk) patterned paper down the right hand side which I punched with a scalloped border punch from Fiskars.

The green strip of cardstock is Sping Moss (I think) from PTI which I have pierced holes in, then tied some Old Olive taffeta ribbon from SU! The babys details have been typed up on word in Century Gothic and printed in navy blue ink onto So Saffron cardstock from SU! I then used an oval spellbinders die to cut it out and attached two little yellow pearl brads from Papermania either side for some added embellishment.

That's about that. I think. I really enjoyed making this card, even though it is super simple for me. I think that's all it really needs though.

Here's some pictures of fireworks for ya to feast ya eyes on. They're lovely, lovely. I gotta admit it was a great show, but it always is. They do it every year and it's free, which you can't really groan at. The finale is the best though, they set about 20 fireworks off all at once, and the bangs are so loud you can feel it inside you, KWIM? It's lush. Organised displays are the way forward!!


This is the only photo I took using the 'Firework' mode on my camera, and I wish I had used it all night as the clarity is so much nicer than the rest, but they took so long to process I would have taken about 5 photos of the whole night! LOL.

So I've selected some of my fave 'Landscape' mode shots to share with ya. Very pretty I must say. :)







That's all for today, guys. I've got my darts match tonight so me and my mam will be baking/ cooking some goodies for that. :) Yum!!


3 comments:

  1. Great baby card hun, love the little baby-gro that you have layered! And super fireworks pictures, they look like flowers. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card lou.love the stunning design and sweet babygro and your firework pics are fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous baby card Lou, love the fab design. Great pics of the fireworks too, so clear. Hope you had fun at the darts.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews