About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Easy Easel

Gahh!! My first post of DECEMBER 2011. Have you any idea what that means?! Well for one, it's waaay less than a month to Christmas.. only like TWENTY FOUR DAYS, and secondly.. it's nearly the end of 2011!! Come ON!! Where has this year gone?!

Anywho, here I have for ya another Christmas commission showcasing the new challenge over at Some Odd Girl this fortnight.

EASEL CARDS

That's it. Easy, right? Everything else is entirely up to you!! :)

Why is photographing easel cards so damn tricky?! I dunno, you can't ever get them to look right! :/ No point in asking anyone for tips either, hell.. I can't even photograph a normal card normally. HA!


Here I've used Angel Kaylee, and I've coloured her using the usual mix of Copics and ProMarkers, fussy cut her out and adhered her to the card using Dimensionals. ..You've guessed it, my papers are from Basic Grey - Jovial 6x6 paper pad. I can't get enough of it, and only a few cards ago I was worried I was  running out of sheets, it seems this pad self generates.. it's never ending! :D I guess that won't last for long, huh.


Here is a shot of the main portion of the card. I've die cut some angel wings using my Slice to adorn either side of the panel. The whole card base has been cut using Labels Ten nesties - hence the 'easy easel' title. This makes for a narrow card, so I went with hmm.. how can I say this un-size-estly? 'slimmer' embellishments. :) A strip of natural coloured striped ribbon from The Ribbon Girl along side some red bakers twine tied in a pretty bow make up the centre of this card. To keep the easel standing I added some red gemstones from Papermania.

How'd ya like that then!? Check out the rest of the awesomeness over on the Some Odd Girl Blog - those girls are sure to inspire anyone!

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Gingerloft - Christmas or Winter
× Paper Sundaes - Winter Wonderland
× Scrappy Frogs - Use Kraft Cardstock
× 2 Sisters - Holiday 
× Little Claires - Shaped Cards

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lou. Love the image and she's colored beautifully. I agree it's so hard to photograph easel cards but I think yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lou, what a fabulous card, totally gorgeous and nothing wrong with your piccie!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lou, absolutely stunning. Love the gorgeous image and papers. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgalicious! Very lush.....chalk full of goodness! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shape of your card! :) And well, the whole card of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous lou.i love your stunning colours and design the image is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews