About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 25 December 2011

Top 5 Christmas Cards

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

Just taking a little Time Out while I'm waiting for my dinner. My mam and her boyfriend are around the pub. Exciting. Not. So I won't be getting fed until about four o'clock. I'll be like half of my former self by that time. *yawn* so I'm braving the Boxing Day sales.. that start early.. online!! Yippeee. Gonna treat myself to some new threads.

Anywho, over at Debby's Blog - A Scrapjourney, she is holding her yearly Favourite Five Christmas Cards. I joined in with this last year and last night I was looking through my blog and I thought "wow - I really have come a LONG way" - not to blow my own trumpet, but I sure hope my designs are a little better now than they were a year ago!! See my Top Five for 2010 HERE.


 
So here are my faves from this year..

#1 Bright Lights


First up is this Some Odd Girl creation - naturally. :) I've used Bright Lights Kaylee. I loveee this image, makes me think of decorating the tree and the whole run up and excitement of Christmas. Plus her little outfit is CUTE! :) A relatively plain card in terms of embellishments for me, but I used two very busy papers from Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses collection - another of my Christmas faves.

#2 Christmas Cookies


You can see the details for this card HERE. I chose this one because I just love this boys HAT!! Seriously. I need me one like this for next year! HA! This image is Perfect Christmas from Pollycraft. Love the bright papers I've used from Basic Grey Jovial collection and my embossed sentiment - from Some Odd Girl. :)

#3 On the Way


I had to choose a card with a LOTV image seeing as I've used them so much this Christmas! :) This was the first LOTV image I coloured this Christmas, and I was so happy with the results compared to last year. I think my colouring has improved a LOT - although it still has a long way to go. Always learning, right? :)

What else? Hmmm.. it's getting tough.

#4 Yuletide Faerie


I was sooo happy to be asked back to LLLC after being a guest. Here is a card I made using a none - Christmas image - Faerie Marci, alongside some none traditonal Christmas colours which I'm a real sucker for, blue and brown. I loved the little fan embellishment I created, as if you can remember, last Christmas I was on a little rosette flower kick after buying my hougie board! LOL!!

Last but certainly not least..

#5 Christmas Shopping



Here is a money wallet I created for TPS challenge inspiration, not too long ago. This is Tickled Winter - Lil Lolita Shopping Ivy. Doesn't she look so festive? I thought she'd be perfect to adorn a money wallet, full of monies to spend in the sales! :)

Which is what I'm about to carry on with, right now! :)

Enjoy the day with you and yours. Stuff your faces full of deliciousness.



Even if my cards haven't improved, the way I photograph them sure has! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lou :) Your cards are gorgeous sweetie! I hope you and your loved ones had a fabulous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! And it's fun to look back and see how much our style has changed as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are gorgeous Lou, what fabulous choices.
    Thanks for joining My Favourite Five Christmas Cards this year.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou,

    Great cards!!! Interesting seeing last year's creations as well. My favorite is no 4. Gorgeous image and I'm such a sucker for blue X-mas cards.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

    Wishing you a year of health, happiness and creativity! Happy New Year!

    (Stop by my blog for your chance at Whimsy & Stars Studio blog candy!)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews