About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Olympic Inspiration

Afternoon guys. Late? Yip. Sorry? Nope!! LOL. This is the result of a whole weekend in the garden, in the sun. BBQing it large and having a blast!! After spending a week cooped up at work when it's glorious outside.. I make the most of my free weekends in the fresh air!! Now don't get muddled - I'm still as white as a sheet, but I ain't big on all of this tan stuff anyway. Good job though, eh? :)

Okay, okay. Enough of the mindless waffle. My blog is ridiculous right now - my posts are like buses!! For that, I apologise - but now, while I'm sitting.. I'll get a few scheduled for the coming week. :)

So this week - Team 1 - over at Passion for ProMarkers has some awesome inspiration for this weeks challenge criteria.. 

images 

Debs has chosen an Olympic themed inspiration photo. You can use the rings themselves, a sporty theme, or even just the colours. As usual - you've gotta use your Letraset products to be in with a chance of winning.. 

The prize this week is a £10.00 voucher from our sponsor - Joanna Sheen, to spend in her online store.

joanna sheen 

So here goes!! 

I used a gorgeous (uninked) Simply Sassy image, and coloured her with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers - naturally. I love her little pose and those.. pom poms? are a treat to colour. This is Team Spirit. I've cut her out using a Labels Two and added some of my faux stitching using a Real Red SU! Marker.  

Blush, Soft Peach, Rose Peach, Baby Pink
March Hare, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cocoa
Red, Berry, Crimson, Burgundy
Azure, True Blue, French Navy
Blender, Cool Grey 1, 2
Cool Grey 3, 4, 5, Black
Blender, Soft Aqua, Pastel Blue, Cool Aqua
Sandstone, Tan, Cinnamon


I've created the sentiment using my trusty Lawn Fawn Alphabet - Harolds ABC's. AMAZING set - like.. amazing. Gotta get my hands on more Lawn Fawn Alpha sets. I've stamped their names in Real Red ink to tie in with the rest of the card. This card is to give to my boss and a lass I work with who are doing the Race for Life next month. :) A little bit of encouragement for them.

I've used some papers from My Minds Eye Lime Twist - Out of the Blue. I've added a slice of yummy pencil stripe ribbon from The Ribbon Girl and some Doodlebug brads to my sentiment/ name panel which has been cut using an xCut die. :)

Me thinks that's about it - so I'm off to scout for some challenges to enter:
Celebrate the Occasion - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges - Patriotic Colours
Oldie but Goodie - Anything Goes
My Simply Sassy stamp - been sitting unloved for a lot longer than 6 months *sad face*
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

That's it from me for today!! :) Thank you for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. Hi, just popped over from Make it Monday. Fabulous card, i love the image, the colours and your layout. Fab! Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Lou! I love the image and the papers are perfect. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is too cute! The papers you used are perfect! Love the whole thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiyah Lou!!!
    wowzers hun!! I adore this card!! its fabulous!! those red,white and blue colours are so much fun! I love your cheerleader!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card lou.love the fab sassy and really stunning colours hun :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing Lou, bet she's glad you inked her up. Amazing colouring and design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! And your image is fantastic! Thank you so much for linking up with MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM!
    Good luck,
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, Lou! It's been a bit since I've visited but I just had to tell you how fabulous this card is! Love the image! Fun papers and awesome coloring too! Hope all is well there across the pond! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your card on MIM. I love Love LOVE it. I love the image and coloring. Really sweet card and enjoyed taking it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun, I love your beautifully colored image with your amazing LO! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is stunning,love that image,and amazing detail,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week,hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Lou
    Stunning colouring of the adorable image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at An Oldie But Goodie this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is stunning!! your coloring is amazing!!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews