About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 2 July 2012

Catching up and FAQs!

Hey there, friends! I just wanted to say THANK YOU, each and everyone one of you, for all of your kind words and wishes on my TGF Blog Hop post which you can see here..


Right now, I'm just trying to catch up with everything and everyone. I've got emails heading into triple figures, 50+ blog comments to respond to (which I will further on in this post so stick around if you've asked me a question recently) and 101 things to get straight at home. As you can imagine, it wasn't an easy clean up operation at work after the floods - and I'm still recovering from my mission home that night! LOL. 

So if you're waiting for an email or PM on FB from me - please know that I'm not ignoring you, I'm just totally snowed under! :/ Fingers crossed things will get back on track VERY soon!! 

Okay, the first FAQ I get asked.. frequently.. is..
"How do you create your sky backgrounds?" 
I've been asked over and over again what medium I use and if I can do a tutorial. I wasn't gonna go down the tutorial route, as there are plenty out there - but after all of the interest I've been receiving.. I think I will. Hopefully this month!! So keep your eyes peeled for that. As for what I use. A mask I created myself a cheap makeup sponge thingy.. and some Bashful Blue ink from SU! That's it!! Simple, pimple. I sometimes mix up the colours I used, depending on what look I'm going for. Like around Halloween I add a little Perfect Plum, to make it more like a night time sky.


 "Could you do a tutorial on your Sepia colouring?"
 I guess I probably could, I need to get myself on a tutorial roll, don't I?! LOL!! Incase you don't know, I use ProMarkers/ FlexMarkers as my 'colouring medium' so I will be listing PM and FM colours I use throughout any tutorials I will be doing. 

"How do you get your bows so perfect?"
Two words. Bow-Easy. I bought mine HERE from Quixotic Paperie. I'll never look back. If you want the ribbon to be one continuous length around the whole card with your bow attached so to speak.. then practice makes perfect. Make sure your tails are where you want them before you pull the knot tight. Oh, and always make sure to 'fluff up' your loops before taking a photo - always makes them look better! :)

Okay, so three FAQ's ain't much. My blog is only ickle and has a few followers! I'm sure there are more *scratches chin* but I'm afraid I can't think of them off the top of my head.

If you have anymore questions you'd like to ask me - just leave me a comment and I'll do my best to get back to you about it in another blog post!!

Best run - gotta get ready for work. Ha. Work. Sick of the sight of the four walls! Nightmare.
What's that phrase? Another day, another dollar. Cheaaa, right!!
Over and OUT! xo

2 comments:

  1. Good luck responding...I am sure many mails / comments will follow...
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cards so shabby xxx tanja

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews