About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 15 July 2012

We Want WASHI!!

Helloooooo all you colour addicts. Guess what?! It's the 15th of the month (or past.. now LOL) and that can only mean one thing!! A brand new challenge over at Designed to Color.

Can I get a "wooohooo"?! You gotta say "woooohooo!! LOL!

You guys already know Carisa is at CHA right now, getting Designed to Color OUT THERE, but back on home turf - the teamies have set up some GIVEAWAYS for our lucky followers. From the 16th through to the 19th there will be a GIVEAWAY each day!! Be sure to stop by the blog to be in with a chance of winning some fantastic stuffs!!

Soo.. our challenge to you this month is..

WASHI TAPE!!

We want to see all the ways you guys interpret it's use. There are soooo many pretty designs out there right now. I don't know about you.. but I want it ALL! It's a shame my bank balance won't allow that, heehee.


So I decided to use some striped and polka dot washi to create a backdrop of sorts on this gorgeous page in my Green SMASH* book. I like to tear the edges of my tape instead of cutting them - just adds a little more character! :)


I've gone down the mint green, soft aqua route. Kinda summery feel. Me thinks. I've coloured Some Odd Girl Tropical Mae with my ProMarkers, I then took three of the colours and stained some Color Me Crazy flowers to match the design. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to colour co-ordinating stuff. That's why it takes me so damn long to even PLAN a SMASH* page!!


Here are the ProMarker and FlexMarker colours I used for this image.
Skin: Saffron, Soft Peach, Rose Peach. Blush and Lips: Baby Pink
Hair: Cinnamon, Cocoa, Walnut, Umber, Black
Eyes: Arctic Blue, Sky Blue, Azure. Eyeshadow: Mint Green, Soft Green
Dress and Flips: Tea Green, Pastel Green, Mint Green, Soft Green
Hibiscus: Soft Lime, Lemon, Pink Lobster, Maroon

So.. what are you waiting for?! Head over to the Designed to Color blog NOW and get involved! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I know you will blow our socks off with your designs!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lou! I just love how you have coloured her up...what neat eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I don't know how I missed this post, but WOW!!! She is fantastic! Her eyes are electric! Gorgeous colors, and loving the washi tape! I have 7 rolls of it, but always forget I have it! Definitely will have to bust out some tape after seeing this!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews