About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 5 January 2013

Special 40th

So in an attempt to be a better blogger this year, I'm gonna try and share more of my commissioned cards with you all. I am also gonna try and be a clever crafter and think further ahead into the year. For instance, matching up commissions with DT work and tryna get organised with birthday and thank you cards. This way I won't have a load of made up cards just sitting in a box on my shelf gathering dust. Wish me luck! ;)

So, this is one of the last birthday cards I made in 2012. It was for my boss at work, it was the big 4-0 and it was from all of us at work. :) It was a 6"x6" card again. Aren't I getting brave? That big space doesn't intimidate me that much anymore.


My cardbase is some Very Vanilla cardstock from SU! I used some My Minds Eye papers along side another slice of Very Vanilla cardstock from SU! for the main sentiment panel. The gorgeous butterfly is from Waltzingmouse and has been stamped in Pretty in Pink ink from SU! The sentiment is also Waltzingmouse and I've die cut the 40 from more My Minds Eye paper with my MM Slice.

As for embellishments I used some ruffled pink sheer ribbon and some crochet trim from The Ribbon Girl alongside a bunch of Wild Orchid Craft goodness. I've tied the double bow with some Pretty in Pink taffeta using my bow easy. Oh, and the little green leaves? They're a MFT die. *LOVE*

Off to reply to emails and get my ass into gear for tonight. It's works Christmas doo. In 2013. Yes! :) Adios. xo

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lou, the colours are beautiful. I love the flowers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous and pretty lou.realy love the pink and stunning design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lou. Love the colours and the shabby chic thing you've got going on with the ribbon. Gorgeous! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews