About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Friday 17 May 2013

Monochromatic

Fun times ahead. Hopefully by the time this post goes live I'll be well on my way to Hull to visit The Deep Aquarium with my boyfriend and friends. Yipppeee!!

So following on from yesterday, this is another wedding card I made. This time it was for my brother and his new wife. Our second name is McConnachie and didn't really fancy having that on the front of a card, could you imagine? That's not to say I'm not incredibly proud of my family name! :)

Their invitation didn't really give much away, so I went with a classic black and white theme. Can't go wrong with that, right? On the day, I found out that their 'colour' was mint green. I was gutted. One of my favourite colours to work with!! Never mind.  



I layered up a bunch of plain circles and a heart circle that I die cut from vellum. The names from a Lawn Fawn Alpha set have been stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black. LOVE how crisp that ink is!!

As for embellishments, I added some crisp white satin ribbon in a double bow from The Ribbon Girl to the bottom right of the circle and then tucked in some kinda flower spray fandangle from Wild Orchid Crafts which I bent to follow the side of the circle. Kinda likey! :)

That's all from me for another day!

xo

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!! congrats to your brother and his new wife :) what a beautiful and elegant card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fabulous lou.really stunning and classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant, perfect for a wedding card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews