About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 26 October 2013

Exciting News! :)

If you follow me on FB, either on my personal profile or my page at Cartolinas from Lou Mac you will know that I have evetnually found out the results of my Foundation Embalming exam!! 

I PASSED!!

I was over the moon when my tutor rang me yesterday. I almost swore down the phone I was that excited, but I contained myself. Only just! ;) Heh.

So after finding out that fantastic news, sorting out my car insurance (which I was dreading due to the three points I picked up in June), making a note of a bunch of Funeral Directors to ring around on Monday, working on updating my CV and tryna sort out the rest of my stash I want to sell on Facebook.. I thought I'd take a little time out while I eat last nights congratularory left over pizza and type up this post. Hah.

*takes a breath*

This was one of the first Saturated Canary digis I ever bought, and I never even got to colour her up last year - so I made it my mission to get her onto one of my first Christmas cards of the season this year.

I won. :)

HAPPY POST THIS, NO? :D

So I always struggle with purple, and decided to challenge myself to use it, as I wanted to use up some of my older papers from Cosmo Cricket - Mittens? (not 100% sure of that) collection. So purple and green it was!!


I decided to try a different combo for what I had hopes to be brunette hair. I believe the colour I added to my standard combo of Cinnamon, Cocoa, Walnut and Umber was Burnt Sienna. As you can see, it turned into more of a red head colour - but I still loves it!! You can see my old combo for brunette hair on her little shoes, which.. colored like that remind me of cinnamon swirls. Mmm!!

I used a sentiment from an Amy R set alongside some mittens from a SU! set. I die cut my sentiment panel using a larger circle die and then a scalloped circle die from Papertrey ink - the perfect size.

I love creating these larger (for me) cards these days, as I can use more embellishments, a larger sentiment, colour a bigger image, show off more papers. It's great. I added a bunch of embellishments from The Ribbon Girl, Petal Lu and Wild Orchid Crafts. 

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes #30
- Scrapping 4 Fun - Holidays or Christmas
- Aud Sentiments - Christmas Sentiments

Thank you for stopping by today and listen to me rabble on. I'll wrap it up now and get the rest of the stash I'm selling photographed and uploaded. xo

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Lou - love the purple and green together. Congratulations on passing your exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Scrapping4funchallenges.
    Please, remember to follow our blog.
    have a great weekend
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on passing your exam! Gorgeous coloring and love all the details! Beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou, first of all, the HUGEST of congratulations on passing your exam hun. All the hard work paid off. :o)

    Love your amazing card, the image is coloured up a treat and love, love, love the scrummy design & details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute winter holiday card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4Fun challenges.
    Barbara DT
    http://barbgreenberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soo cute !! I love the colors and the image is adorable !! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you - hopefully you'll hear good news soon from one of those funeral directors. :D I can't believe you didn't color her up right away, she is one of my fav SC digis. Well..better late than never, this came out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning lou.love the purple and green combo and gorgeous sweet sc image :D
    huge congrats on passing your exam hun and good luck with the job hunting.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is fabulous and the colors on this card are do die for. Beautiful card!

    Thanks for joining us a Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool colors for Christmas!!!
    Thanks for joining in at Aud Sentiments this week.

    kathy b

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews