About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas at My Mum's Craft Shop

Morning all! :) We're even CLOSER to the big man in red arriving than we were this time last week, excited?! Heh!  Along those lines, I thought I'd share this gorgeous little Wryn who's kinda dressed up like a little girly Santa!! 

It's my turn to share some inspiration for My Mum's Craft Shop - this week the girls are doing CHRISTMAS. 

I decided to use Wryn from the Winter Friends set by Tiddly Inks.

I done a little selective stamping and drop the lovely podgy snowman - he wasn't really what I was after for this card! ;) I coloured Wryn up in red and black with my ProMarkers.


The papers are from the new Echo Park - 'tis the Season pack. So pretty. I love the contrast of the distressed blacks against the traditional reds and greens. Very unusual. If you haven't got your hands on this pack I highly recommend you do so, even if you have to wait for next years cards before you can use it! ;)

I added some goooooooooorgeous red saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon. Lemme tell you about this ribbon!! The top and bottom of it is - I've been waiting all my life for some like this! LOL!! I can't find this stuff A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E. Me and Mother Goose went shopping the other day.. she wanted some PJs - in short.. I made her buy some she didn't really want - because they were wrapped with this ribbon! LOL! As soon as I got home I just KNEW I had to use it on a card. Wanna know the best part? I think I've enough left over to decorate another card. Yippeeee!!

So.. what else.. I added some green paper flowers, some die cut vellum snowflakes - I used my Die-Namics Let it Snowflake dies.. a little striped red button from Kitty's new line aaaaaaaand.. some red Hobby House rhinestones here and there.

EDITED TO ADD: I'd love, love, love to enter this into the Tiddly Inks Holiday Challenge.

A cute little Christmas card with the traditional reds and greens, but a little bit of black thrown in to mix things up a little!! Thank you for stopping by today!! xo

6 comments:

  1. Great card and I'm sure the "bump" will love it, as will their Mum!!!
    Love the DPs you chose.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, so many gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous lou.love the image and fabulous design and ribbon ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Card Lou! Thanks for playing along at Tiddly Inks
    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeep!!! too darn gorgeous Miss Lou!!!! sigh...Lou misses Lou on team tiddly sooooo much
    thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is so stinkin' cute! And I love your story about the ribbon- from one crafter to another I think that was the perfect way to get your hands on it...I mean a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, lol :). Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews