About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 19 January 2014

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday

It has been quite an afternoon I've had, although.. to be honest it started at about 11 o'clock this morning when my internet went down.


I was feeling ruthless, so decided to have a massive clear out in my room. Two and a bit bin bags later I'm done. I've scrubbed the place from top to bottom, all that is left is fresh bedsheets for tonight and I'm done.

For those of you who don't know, my craftroom is actually my bedroom. I have a big corner desk, a bunch of plastic drawer stacks, some shelves, a mirror and a bed. I seem to get by.. somehow.

I threw away a bunch of everyday crap that I've been holding onto for absolutely no reason what so ever, loads of jewelery that I've either never worn or has tarnished over time, loads of scrap bits paper that are no good to anyone and a heap of other junk. I mean really, I wouldn't class myself as a hoarder, but when I have days like this I really begin to question myself! Hah!

I should have really taken before and after pictures to show you all. I honestly don't know where I keep all the stuff!! 

So, as this is a crafting blog after all, I thought I'd share a card with you that I made earlier in the week for my boyfriend to give to someone. 

It was their birthday, as is obvious from the card and they were male, also obvious.


I used a bunch of mishmash products on this creation:
Embossing folder from SU!
Cardstock from Papercuts and Papermania
Stamps from Clearly Besotted and Hero Arts
Inks from Memento
Brads from Doodlebug
Button from My Mums Craft Shop

 I wanted to keep the card pretty CAS.. this isn't many peoples idea of CAS, but hell.. it's a lot less layered that I usually go for, so I'll stick with that excuse.

I used a new product I bought last year and only just got around to using now, it's Metallic Gilding Wax from Creative Expressions. I added just a tiny bit around the main focus on the card, you can just pick up a little hint of it here and there on the hexagons. I love it!

So, that's all from me tonight. I'm off to put away the cleaning products, bin the bags and get my chair back in from the landing! :) Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a great card for a male!
    Love the background, torned edges and the fab details!!
    Hugs, Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning male card lou.your design is fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews