About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 5 January 2014

Show us the LOVE at MMCS

Good evening guys and girls. I'm only 5 days late with this post *blush* my apologies. 

I'm sitting here typing this up after a very stressful (if you could go that far) and unsuccessful day with my Silhouette Cameo *insert incredibly upset face, with pet lip and teary eyes here* - I think I may have pushed my little machine too far. About 10 sheets of cardstock, uncountable pieces of patterned paper and a heap of copier paper later.. I STILL haven't managed to cut the design I was after.

You know when you have that vision of a card in your head and you just NEED it to happen? Well.. it still hasn't happened!! Not one to give up too easily I spent the best part of 5 hours trying to get my blade to play nice.. to no avail. I'll try again another day, but for now I will attempt to get my blog updated and type up a few posts as I listen to the raindrops crash onto the roof and try and get my head around all of the projects I need to get caught up with in the next week or two.

It hasn't been a very jolly blog post so far tonight.. has it?! Let's change things up a bit!!

Have you guys seen the new JANUARY CHALLENGE over at My Mum's Craft shop?! 

NO?! Head over to the BLOG now and check out the DT's amazing work to get your creative juices flowing.

Here's my take on our LOVE challenge this month.


I printed out Heartsy Mae from Some Odd Girl with a super big head - I LOVE colouring these images up, all of that hair is such fun and you can really go to town with your shading and what not. That's what's so great about digital images, you can print them out to be any size you wish. No barriers!

So with the length of time it took me to colour Mae, I wanted her to stand out on the front of the card, so I kept the design pretty simple. Here's a breakdown of supplies used, all of which can be found at My Mum's Craft Shop!! 

I started out with a new paper pack from My Minds Eye - Cupids Arrow. I took a sheet of the grey patterned paper and die cut one side with the Fluttering Hearts Die from MFT

I wanted to add a back drop to Mae's head, so I broke out a new stamp set I bought recently from Paper Smooches - Metropolis and stamped a row of the skyline outline onto another sheet of patterned paper. I filled in the stamp with my black PM.

As for the sentiment, I don't have many.. if any.. Valentine's specific sentiments on hand, so I had a look through my stash and come across Paper Smooches - Sugar Rush and thought the Hey Sugar sentiment would be perfect and would match just right with Mae's expression! :)

For a little bit of embellishment I die cut another sheet of patterned paper from Cupids Arrow using the Dainty Bows die from MFT, added a little paper bow and a Rhinestone Heart to the know. Voila. 

Now, before I do off and attempt to take the Christmas tree down (don't ask why it's still up.. because I'm not quite sure myself!!) - I'll try and find a couple challenges I'd like to enter this card into:

- A Gem of a Challenge - Something New
New craft stash - paper and stamps
- Crafty Hands - Anything Goes
- Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
- Inky Impressions - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by tonight. Wish me luck and better success with my Cameo next time round please, else I think my head might explode! 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and be sure to join in with our LOVE challenge. xo

9 comments:

  1. Wow love the card it's gorgeous! love the image, colouring is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read of your Cameo woes - I found they can be very tricky. I'm a member of a FB group who are friendly & helpful and there's lots of helpful advice - let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card & good luck with the Cameo, keep going I'm sure you'll get there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colouring... Great card. Thanks for joining in at a gem of a challenge
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet image, and beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw... those eyes! Love your coloring and card design! :)
    Have a great day, Lou...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so stunning lou.fabulous colouring and I love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. your colouring is amazing! great card. thanks for joining us on CraftyHands

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous I like the design and the colours, Thanks for playing along with us at Gem of a challenge and Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews