About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 20 March 2014

A Job for Embossing Paste

Hello everyone. Another post from me today, this time it's a MALE card. Something that I know a few of my readers really struggle with.

If you stop by my blog often, you'll know that I have a back up when it comes to boy cards - STARS!!

This creation was no different. I created this card for a 21st birthday. I didn't really have much to go on, so it was all about the age, the stars and THE TEXTURE.


I used a Studio Calico stencil and some Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to a create a textured background to build my design on. I cut out a large '21' and the 'TODAY' on my Cameo using papers from an older My Minds Eye collection. I layered them all together atop a vellum STAR. See.. ;)

I then embossed a sentiment from Lawn Fawn using silver detail embossing powder and cut it using a die from MFT. I then attached it to the card using a couple Doodlebug brads.

Finally I finished the whole design off using some London Fog Fireworks from Tsukineko for a sparkly look which doesn't show up too well in the photos.

Job done. I'll be back tomorrow with a little MONSTER treat. :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews